Monday, August 27, 2012

Cute or too grown?




Recently I shared a photo via Facebook.  It was of a child model in makeup.  She was dressed in what I would call adult clothing.  Her hands were on her hips and she was wearing something I could see myself wearing.  I posted it and saw that a majority of people agreed with me and thought the little girl looked too grown for her age.  Some said that they didn't see the problem.  She was fully covered and just exuded an adult attitude because of her hands on her hips.

I came to the conclusion that I am just extremely old fashioned.  I was born and raised during a time where little girls wore pink frilly things and had bows and pigtails.  We live during a time where little children sport hair gel, lipgloss and miniature adult sunglasses.  When you dress your little child like a grown adult, don't be confused when you see her doing adult things.  Children should be children.   Don't rush their childhood by dressing them the way you would dress yourself.  Is the child cute?  Definitely.  Is she fully covered? She sure is.  Does she look like a mini adult?  YUP! If you see a child in an outfit you would wear to work, school or the club, then Houston, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!


No comments:

Post a Comment