Tuesday, December 11, 2012

5 Years gone in 2 weeks!

Before && After


So I completed my hair this past weekend.  My first day as a natural fro chick was pretty difficult.  A lot about this transition is learning your products.  My bestie did the big chop about 8 months ago so she was more seasoned that I when it came to testing and buying products.  She took me 'hair sample' shopping yesterday and I was able to purchase a bunch of small samples of products.  This was so important because natural hair care products are expensive!  Blah.  I was told by many to try Miss Jessie's products.  At $2.99 a pop, I got lots of samples.  The first product I sampled was the Culy Meringue.  Smells so good!  It was LOADS better than the piece of crap I used on Saturday.  Okay so let me back track a little...

Saturday I took out my last locc at approximately 4PM.

Last of the loccs out!


Actual length, minus the curl



 I deep conditioned for about 2-3 hours.  While deep conditioning I ran to the beauty supply store and bought this terrible product. The instructions were to wash my hair, do my twist-out and apply the product the next day when my hair is dry.  When I took my twist out, it left my hair feeling really sticky and frizzy.  I ended up running to my friends dinner and begging for a scarf to tie my hair up... :/
Not good for twist-outs!
disgusting, sticky twist-out
   
Head wrap to hide that mess up there
Okay so when I got home that Sunday, I washed my hair again and put it in a bun.  After work Monday, the bestie and I bought samples. 

I co-washed my hair, sectioned off my hair, applied the Curly Meringue from the scalp to the tip, and two strand twisted my hair.  When I woke up, I took the twist out.

Here is the end result!



No comments:

Post a Comment