Monday, September 10, 2012

DNC VS. VMAS




The Democratic National Convention took place for 3 days last week.  On the first night we had the joy of listening to Michelle Obama's speech.  To me, it was beyond outstanding.  On the second night we got to listen to Bill Clinton, among others.  On the third night, we got to listen to several celebs along with Mr. Obama himself.

Coincidentally, the night of Obama's speech was Fashion Night Out, and the VMA's.  As you would have it, it became a huge conspiracy as to why the VMA's was being aired the same night as the President's speech.  Was it a bit shady?  Yes it was.  On all social network sites people began to post about this being the first black host since 1999 and the awards being held every Sunday for years and now all of a sudden on a Thursday.  Then the campaigning began.  Everyone jumped on the, "if you're watching the VMA's instead of the President speak then you're a loser" bandwagon.  I call this a bandwagon because these post were EVERYWHERE!  SMH

I commented on a few post but once I saw how anger people were about people watching what the hell they wanted on TV, I decided that maybe it was time for me to put the social media away and concentrate on doing WTF I wanted to do.  SOOOO... I continued to watch the VMA's!

I personally feel that people should have watched whatever they wanted to watch!  Don't make ANYONE feel bad for their choice in watching an awards show.  The people who attended Fashion Night Out didn't get any backlash and I am pretty sure they still support Obama.  I don't need Obama to persuade my vote.  He already has my vote!  Regardless of his speech, I am going to vote for him.  I am already aware of  the issues he wants to address.  I have researched ObamaCare.  I have researched his plans on taxes and student loans.  If I want to watch somebody's RASS CLAT awards show then I CAN!  Doesn't mean I do not support him!  And Dammit, might I add that we live in an age where there is DVR and YouTube.  I watch what I want, when I want... IN THAT ORDER!

One more thing... Where were the bandwagoners when people were watching the Giants game instead of the DNC last Wednesday?  Please, I implore you to have SEVERAL TOILET SEATS!

No comments:

Post a Comment