Monday, September 17, 2012

English 101

There are certain things that we learn in school that we all tend to forget.  I guess the Good Lord put me here to remind you of some things.  Keep in mind I'm not the best writer in the world but dammit, this shit is common sense.

-Please stop saying MINES.  It's mine.  If someone comes up to you and states, "That's mines." Back hand them.

-There is a difference between there, their and they're.  There is to be used when referring to a location.  "It's over there."OR Use there with a verb  Their is used as a reference for a possession.  "Their jackets are on the bed." They're is a contraction of they and are.  "They're going to the movies."

-Conversate is NOT a word.  When I type conversate, the little red line appears under it which indicates it is NOT a BLASTED word!  It's converse.  "We conversed for hours."

-Were is past tense and we're is a contraction of we and are.  They're not the same! (<-- peep the proper usage of they're).  "You were supposed to go to the store." "We're going to the store."  Get it?

-Women means more than one woman.  Woman is singular.  "What's up woman?" (If you say that, then you are referring to ONE woman).  "Where are the women?"  You are referring to 2 or more women.

- Lieing and dieing are not words.  The IE is to be replaced with a Y.  LYing/dYing.  "She's lying."  He's dying."

-Please don't use double negatives.  "I ain't got no money," means, "I have money."  "I ain't never been there," means, "I've been there."  "She' ain't never there," means, "She is there."

-Defiantly and definitely are not the same thing.  Definitely does Not have an "A" in it.

I hope this was helpful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment