Monday, September 17, 2012

Happy Anniversary!



This weekend I celebrated my 1 year anniversary with MY Maria :) You CARE! I know you do. 

Anyway, we started our day off vending at the Brookville Tennis Club Health Fair.  It was AWESOME.  Very informative.  Lot's of very important facts that most women my age do not know about. 

  • I learned that Ovarian Cancer is not detectable.  There is no test for it!  
  • I learned that about 90% of women in my age bracket (28-30) find lumps in their breast.  Does not mean it is Cancerous, could be a fibroid, calcium build up, a benign cyst or lumpy tissue.  Still, if you find a lump, it is best to get it checked out right away.  
  • I learned that you MUST get a paps test every year until about 75-80 years old!
  • This was the most interesting...  I learned that there has been an increase in STD's with senior citizens.  Men ranging 60-70 are having sex with prostitutes and contracting STD's.  This is why a Paps is suggested for women until 75-80 years old. I can't believe that anyone would be having sex at that age but.. yea.  
  • I learned that once your child becomes sexually active they are to have their first paps.  Either the age of sexual activity OR 21.
All in all, it was a very informative event.  After the anniversary we went to dinner and spent some time with my mother.  Perfect day to celebrate a perfect year with the Love of my Life :)



No comments:

Post a Comment